Works In Progress - The Unabridged Version
Yesterday At the Heart of Quilting, a local long arm quilting store, needed someone to pretend to be a customer while Channel 5 made a commercial for them. I was more than happy to oblige, especially since they said I could bring in a quilt to quilt while they were filming. Sweet! It was all low key and fun. I love free motion quilting on a long arm and told them that when all of my kids were in school that I wanted to come down to Des Moines all the time to quilt. Since time was limited, I brought my smaller I-spy quilt did a large all over flower design. The quilting really shows up well on the back. I used minky fabric for the first time as a backing. It is awesome!
I have been getting a lot done, but I still feel like I am drowning in projects. So I want to get old school WIP Wednesday today and make a comprehensive list of my WIPs. I didn't think there were this many....
1. I-spy quilt
2. Hexagon Christmas pillow
1. Megan's Star quilt
2. Christmas triangle quilt
3. Star Flower quilt
4. Diamond Christmas pillow
1. 1930's Sampler
2. Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt
1. Yellow/purple triangle quilt
2. Tree skirt
1. Meadowsweet star quilt
2. Dresden plate quilt
Fabric that I want to do something with:
1. Jelly roll of Kona solids
2. Jelly roll of Lotta Jansdotter fabric
3. A rainbow pack of vintage sheet fabric
Need to get rid of:
1. Coral and black baby quilt top
2. Brother's blue quilt (totally messed up the quilting on that)
1. Iowa State Fair Quilt made with solids
2. Simple patchwork with my special "sweet" fabrics
3. Fun improvisation (multiple ideas there)
4. Selvage pillows/quilt/skirt/etc
5. Scrappy hexagon quilt
6. Christmas pillow with selvage trees
12 active projects and tons in the wings...I think I have enough to keep me busy for awhile. :) What have you been working on?
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.