Applique and Curves Giveaway
Miranda, you are our winner! Congratulations!
This has been a crazy skill building couple of months - I think almost everyone felt stretched making the applique blocks. Some of us have sworn never to touch the stuff again. :) But I realized that even though I am not great at it that applique is sure fun to do while watching my favorite shows.
Curves...I was nervous about these. More nervous about using templates than the actual sewing. Quilting is so precise that I figured I could never cut out the pieces as accurately as I needed to. But again, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I definitely see more Drunkard's Paths in my future.
If you want to try making more curved blocks check out some of these tutorials:
- Improv Curved Block from Sew Take a Hike: Make 4 of these 6.5 inch blocks and sew together to make a 12.5 inch block
- Set In Circle Tutorial from Cut to Pieces
- Wonky Drunkard's Path by Needle and Spatula
If you completed all of the blocks, I think you deserve a prize. I am offering a sample pack of 10 different Echino Nico prints. Each piece is 9 inches square.
You have three Chances to Win:
- Leave a comment saying you finished all three applique blocks
- Leave a comment saying you finished all three curved blocks
- Leave a comment saying you made an extra curved or appliqued bonus block (you can use the tutorials above or make up your own block - go crazy on me!)
Giveaway ends the morning of Friday, February 3rd.